Do you love handmade holiday gifts as much as I do?
For many years, Brian and I have created handmade gifts for our friends and family - candles, paper, truffles (yum!), cutting boards, liqueur, knitted scarves, hats, fingerless gloves, and many more. Creating gifts with our own hands is something we value, something we pour our love into, and we hope that the recipients love the gifts as much as we love making them.
(Spoiler alert: If you’re related to me, you should probably stop reading now!)
So, what to make this year? Some of my absolute favorite homestead bloggers and I have compiled a list of over 100 handmade holiday gifts to make at home:
For the Home
- Beeswax candles are one of my favorite winter treats. They give amazing light, smell great, and are easy and fun to make. Here’s a step by step photo tutorial that I put together.
- If you’re like me and have an incredible collection of Mason Jars, then you’ll love this collection of ten easy ways to turn a canning jar into a Christmas present, from Learning and Yearning!
- Joybilee Farm has put together a collection of gift ideas just for MEN! I know I always find it hard to make something for my husband, so I’m really looking forward to diving into some of her projects.
For the Body
- This Whipped Body Butter recipe from My Healthy Green Family looks good enough to eat. Seriously.
- For health and healing, there is nothing better than a good Echinacea Tincture or Elderberry Syrup to keep you and your loved ones well during the winter cold and flu months.
- What about the gift of clean teeth? Who wouldn’t want a delicious Homemade Toothpaste!
- Keep your lips kissable and soft for under the mistletoe with this Chocolate Scented Lip Balm from Urban Overalls.
For the Kitchen
- My Healthy Green Family is a blog FULL of DIY goodness, and Leona has collected some of her top handmade gifting items here. I am in love with this Beeswax coated fabric alternative to plastic wrap, and these Faux Paper Towels are such a unique idea.
- If you are a fan of extracts, you’ll love this post on how to make them yourself from Learning and Yearning.
- Better yet, make some vanilla or almond extract, and them bake them into cookies! These Russian Tea Cookies are looking amazing!
- Spice up your savory holiday dishes with a homemade flavored salt, recipes courtesy of Livin Lovin Farmin.
For the Kids
- I’m a huge fan of imaginative play and open-ended gifts. Simple, natural materials make incredible gifts for kids, and these felt wool balls are no exception.
- This simple yet stunning scarf from Meredith at ImaginAcres is adult-sized, but I bet it would make a fantastic gift for teens and children as well. I know my daughter Ella would love it!
- If you have wee ones to make for, check out this awesome tutorial for DIY Upcycled Baby and Toddler Pants from Montana Solar Creations.
- If you don’t have the time or inclination to make your own, why not support a small business! Homestead Honey’s sponsors are some of the best small businesses I know. From silk play scarves, to cycling caps, to fermenting equipment, and much more. Check them out in the Sidebar and let them know I sent you!
- And finally, here’s a shameless plug for my family’s Etsy shop, Acorn Hill Handcrafts, where my husband Brian makes one of a kind serving and cutting boards and hand-forged items such as this gorgeous candleholder.
Plus, if you use the code “Homestead10″ you’ll receive 10% off your order!
Dozens more inspiring handmade holiday gift ideas can be found here:
Have Yourself a Homemade Christmas at Learning and Yearning
A DIY Christmas at My Healthy Green Family
A Dozen DIY Christmas Gifts for Men at Joybilee Farm
100+ Handmade Holiday Gift Ideas at Ever Growing Farm
100+ Homemade Christmas Gifts at Montana Homesteader
The Ultimate Homemade Holiday at ImaginAcres
12 Days of Homemade Christmas Gifts at Livin Lovin Farmin
(Really) Last Minute Homemade Christmas Gifts at Homestead Honey