As the mama of two young children, I spend a lot of time reading, talking, and thinking about parenting. I’m always so excited to read a book or a blog that guides me towards new ways of parenting peacefully and unconditionally. I would love to share a short list of some of my favorite parenting resources.
Websites and Blogs:
- Aha! Parenting – Dr. Laura Markham’s website is packed with resources and information on how to peacefully parent babies to teens. She also has a twice-weekly coaching email.
- The Daily Groove – Scott Noelle’s parenting e-newsletter.
- The Parenting Passageway – Homeschooling and peaceful parenting, with a Waldorf-inspired, developmentally appropriate focus.
- Lavender’s Blue Homeschool – peaceful parenting and holistic, Waldorf-inspired homeschooling. Lavender’s Blue Homeschool also offers Kindergarten and First Grade curricula.
- Naomi Aldort, Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves
- Alfie Kohn, Unconditional Parenting
- Pam Leo, Connection Parenting
- Lawrence J. Cohen, Playful Parenting
- Anything by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish (Liberated Parents, Liberated Children, How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, etc.)
- Dr. Laura Markham, Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids and Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings (I just finished reading the latter, and it is a great resource for anyone struggling with how to help their children get along!)
What are your favorite parenting resources?